Jet Ski Insurance Schenectady New York
A personal watercraft insurance will cover you for bodily injury, property damage, guest passanger liability, medical payments, and theft. Liability limits start at $15,000 and can be increased to $300,000. Having insurance will provide financial protection if your personal watercraft is involved in an accident.
Below are some valuable tips for jet ski in New York State
Jet skis are a popular item on waterways. Racing up and down the river with the driver or passenger waving to people on the shore is a frequent scene during the summer. It is definitely a great way to spend a summer day. Yet, like many other sports it has risks, which lead to accidents and injuries. Below are some tips to help you enjoy a fun sport safely.
- Always wear a PFD (personal flotation device). This includes passengers and skiers!
- Never operate a powered watercraft (PWC) while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Wear proper riding gear (wet suits, goggles/sunglasses, gloves, and footwear/deck shoes). "Wear wet suits to protect against abrasions, hypothermia and injuries from impact with the water surface. Glasses should be secured with safety straps.
- Always wear and attach to your wrist a small, mouth-operated whistle.
- Check fuel levels before starting. Make sure you have enough fuel to return to shore.
- Operators and passengers should always keep both feet on footrest floor. Keep your hands, feet, hair, and clothing away from the pump intake.
- Make sure an approved fire extinguisher is aboard and in proper working order.
- Board your powered watercraft (PWC) according to manufacturer recommendations. In case of falls, use the directions in your owners manual for "righting" your PWC.
- Attach the stop lanyard to the PWC lanyard terminal (if applicable), and to your wrist or PFD.
- Never operate your PWC in less than 2 feet of water.
- Pay close attention to your speed around swimming areas, beaches, marinas, docking areas, and waterfront areas. Many of the areas are posted with minimal speed limits and "No Wake" signs. Keep a constant watch for swimmers, other vessels, and objects at all times. Never operate your PWC in or near surf zones.
- Never go out alone. Use the buddy system.
- Never operate your PWC after dark-or before sunrise.
- Know your limitations and those of your PWC.
- Always follow markers and signs, and observe the navigational rules.
We can make sure you have liability coverage for your jet ski today. You can call us anytime at 585-282-0934 to get a quote.
Jet ski insurance is just one part of the many personal insurances that individuals need to think about. For a general overview of all our services, you can get started by visiting our home page.