How to change insurance companies
Will this save me money?
Don’t be afraid to shop. You might be eligible for savings by switching insurance companies depending on your personal circumstances. Call your insurance agency to be evaluated to see if you can save you and your family by shopping the market.
Life changes over the years…your personal and financial situation may warrant a review of your current options. Check into this periodically to see if you have the proper coverage and at the best price!
1. CHECK ALL AVAILABLE DISCOUNTS.
2. DO I HAVE BETTER PAYMENT OPTIONS WITH OTHER CARRIERS?
3. GET QUOTES FROM OTHER INSURERS.
4. COMPARE ALL YOUR OPTIONS WITH YOUR CURRENT INSURANCE POLICY PROTECTION.
5. CHECK ON THE DEPENDABILITY AND REPUTATION OF ALL CARRIERS ON AVAILABLE INSURANCE RATINGS WEBSITES AND WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY WHO MAY HAVE HAD EXPERIENCES WITH THESE COMPANIES.
6. DO THE COMPANIES YOU ARE CONSIDERING OFFER A WEBSITE FOR CLAIM REPORTING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE?
DECISION TIME! HOW TO CHANGE…
WHAT TO DO ONCE YOU HAVE MADE A DECISION:
IMPORTANT: DO NOT CANCEL YOUR CURRENT INSURANCE POLICY UNTIL YOU HAVE ACTIVATED YOUR NEW INSURANCE. YOUR INSURANCE AGENCY WILL ASSIST YOU WITH THE SWITCH SO THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY LAPSE IN COVERAGE.
HOW TO CANCEL YOUR PREVIOUS COVERAGE:
WHAT DO I SAY; WHAT SHOULD I ASK?
Are there any cancellation fees related to your current policy if you switch before the end of your annual anniversary? If so, you may want to consider waiting.
Make sure that your new effective date starts on your cancellation date to avoid being uninsured
Be sure to ask for a written confirmation of your termination date from your old company. This is important! If you are terminating your coverage mid year, you may be eligible for a premium return if you pay your premiums in advance.
HURRAY! YOU ARE DONE! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR NEW INSURANCE ID CARDS AND DESTROY YOUR OLD ONES.
ENJOY YOUR NEW POLICY AND YOUR SAVINGS!